Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yadah

Yadah (yaw-daw) - to give thanks, laud praise; To confess the name of God

Laud: 1) Praise; glorification. 2) A hymn or song of praise.


Ahh, one day every tounge will Yadah! I'm trying to learn the Hebrew words for Praise. It's one thing to have Praise and Worship times, and another to know and understand how the Lord wants us to Praise Him - and how can we expand our spiritual vocabulary... how He can expand the opening in which to let Him in through His word.
I Love reading from the Psalms...

Ps 7:17
I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.

Ps 142:7
Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.
Ps 145:10
All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.

Ps 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Ps 35:18
I will give thee thank s in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.
Ps 42:5
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
This one is amazing... get out of the 4 walls of the church, and go amidst the world!!!
Ps 18:49
Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praise s unto thy name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home