Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Birthing Of Praise

Gen 29:31-35

31 Now the LORD saw that Leah was unloved, and He opened her womb, but Rachel was barren. 32 And Leah conceived and bore a son and named him Reuben, for she said, "Because the LORD has seen my affliction; surely now my husband will love me." 33 Then she conceived again and bore a son and said, "Because the LORD has heard that I am unloved, He has therefore given me this son also." So she named him Simeon. 34 And she conceived again and bore a son and said, "Now this time my husband will become attached to me, because I have borne him three sons." Therefore he was named Levi. 35 And she conceived again and bore a son and said, "This time I will praise the LORD." Therefore she named him Judah. Then she stopped bearing.
NAS


Praise
It is for the first time, in the Hebrew text, that Praise is introduced. It is introduced when Judah is born. The astounding part of this (to me) is the representation of PRAISE being birthed into the world. Judah, or Praise in a sense has been born. The very roots of Judah and yadah come from is the word yad. Yad represents and open hand, which indicates power or direction. Hmm...

It is a significant event for Praise to be birthed, and I can't help but think of God's intentions. So much history has passed, major events happening, the annihalation of the human race but one family, etc. Most of all, His people have been snared in such disgusting bondage...He no longer walks amidst His people because they are so.... smelly with sin...

Why now, and not earlier...





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes! first to comment!

: )

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home