Friday, March 31, 2006

Back To The Birthing of Praise – Judah

Gen 29:31-35

31 Now the LORD saw that Leah was unloved, and He opened her womb, but Rachel was barren. 32 And Leah conceived and bore a son and named him Reuben, for she said, "Because the LORD has seen my affliction; surely now my husband will love me." 33 Then she conceived again and bore a son and said, "Because the LORD has heard that I am unloved, He has therefore given me this son also." So she named him Simeon. 34 And she conceived again and bore a son and said, "Now this time my husband will become attached to me, because I have borne him three sons." Therefore he was named Levi. 35 And she conceived again and bore a son and said, "This time I will praise the LORD." Therefore she named him Judah. Then she stopped bearing.
NAS


Reuben – Because the Lord has seen my affliction (roots ra’ah: to see, and ben: quality or condition Affliction - `oniy (on-ee'); from OT:6031; depression, i.e. misery:

Simeon – Because the Lord has heard that I am unloved(sane' (saw-nay'); a primitive root; to hat
(personally) Roots: Shim` own (shim-one'); from OT:8085; hearing; OT:8085 shama` (shaw-mah');
primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention)

Levi – Now this time my husband will become attached to me: Leviy (lay-vee'); from OT:3867; attached;
Levi, a son of Jacob: OT:3867 lavah (law-vaw'); a primitive root; properly, to twine, i.e. (by
implication) to unite, to remain;

Judah – This time I will praise the Lord. Yehuwdah (yeh-hoo-daw'); from OT:3034 (Praise, Yadah); celebrated; Jehudah (or Judah)

All our praises must center in Christ, both as the matter of them and as the Mediator of them. He descended from him whose name was praise, for he is our praise. Is Christ formed in my heart? Now will I praise the Lord. (from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible: New Modern Edition, Electronic Database. Copyright (c) 1991 by Hendrickson Publishers, Inc.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my link only goes to my audio section. I'm more than a rockstar ya know?

That is a good thing to be studying, it's funny because this guy on TV who I was watching was doing the same study the other day... but not as in depth, and he had a lisp.

Nice Blog man, I hope to get together again some time.

-James'

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home