Monday, August 11, 2008

When My Whole World Came Crashing Down

I had an opportunity to go to Mooers Camp this past week. I was able to help out with the Praise and Worship for the youth camp and work with some crazy cool Pastors - Karl and Joel.

I was inspired by that atmosphere and taken by what God was doing. I've written songs before, but the song Nicole and I worked on last Thursday was different. Maybe because it seems as if life is crashing down a bit... just when we think we have it all together and "our plan" is in place. While this isn't a hymn by any means, I can slightly relate to the stress and burdening of someone's heart and soul after tragic/life changing events occur. It is a reminder, even to me this day, to go to Jesus and lay down my burdens.

The lyrics are below.


When my whole world came crashing down
The ground was solid?
Now I’ve found I can’t really do this on my own

I could only walk so far alone
Bearing burdens, heavy loads
That are not mine to carry anymore

I look up from this broken place
And humbly reach for Your sweet grace
To lead me through this storm and give me strength

He Says....

Come to me all who are weary
And burdened, I will give you rest
Come to me lay down your burdens,
Come to me, I will give you peace

I will walk by faith not sight
Pressing on, for faith I fight
Surrendered to my Savior I will live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home