Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Not Everybody Worship's The Same (Continued)

It's amazing how we begin to think one way, and then the Lord humbles you and begins to destroy your pride. It needs to be broken anyway...

So there I was Sunday night after leading worship at Redemption Tabernacle. Broken before the Lord as I listened to people loudly lifting their voices up in praise after the msg. I was in the front room of the church as I had been praying for a little while, realizing that my soul, oh my soul was downcast before the Lord. Honestly, in my heart I was thinking "I don't feel like praising Him like that right now, so I'm not going to go out there." I believe that the Lord sometimes will send spirits to trouble us, as He did with Saul - because He is so gracious to want us to see what is really insided of us.

I was troubled indeed, but why should my circumstances dictate the condition of my soul, of my hearts desire to lift His name up in Praise...He is so worthy of my praise no matter what my circumstances are.

As I look at my life... I find that I am often melancholy. Where is that passion in each step that I take...

Now to get to my point...
We can't expect everyone to be in the same place, the same level so to speak in their expression of Praise and Worship. There is a time for Praise, a time for a battle cry, a time for unashamed love, a time for sweet still worship to the Lord.

It's so important, especially for those who lead worship, to meet God's people where they are at. The praise'ers I see as going in first (as they did in the OT). They lead the way, allowing the Lord to break up the fallow ground in our hearts. As praise rises it changes the atmosphere, inviting in the presence and glory of the Lord. More will join in praise, yet there are still others who hold back.

It's not a reflection of their love for the Lord... we can't hold any judgements upon them... or I should have been judged last Sunday night. (I wonder who was frustrated with me for not praising the way they think I should have been)

I realized tonight that what I needed was that still, sweet worship before the Lord. When that chance came, bam... he totally spoke to my heart.

Psalm 46: 10 "Be still, and know that I am God..." (john 6:69 "come to believe and know that He is the Christ, the Son of the living God")

In other words, bring down the noise and let the sweet spirit of the Lord minister to their hearts...
Ah yes, discernment. It's not how much we press in as worship leaders... we can't force people to get into praise... but be discerning enough to know where the Lord is moving, that He might touch all hearts. He will guide and direct us by His spirit. We must depend on Him, and not of ourselves. We must decrease so that He may Increase!


2 Comments:

Blogger kb said...

Thanks for the recomendation...

God...breaking our pride?! Yeah...He has a tendency to do that. And I'm glad you took a second thought to this whole differences in worship thing...we are all indeed in different place and are just different to begin with. I think that God delights in the praises of all His people...in all the different ways...as long as it is genuine and from the heart.

11:35 AM  
Blogger kb said...

Thanks for the recomendation...

God...breaking our pride?! Yeah...He has a tendency to do that. And I'm glad you took a second thought to this whole differences in worship thing...we are all indeed in different place and are just different to begin with. I think that God delights in the praises of all His people...in all the different ways...as long as it is genuine and from the heart.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home